Friday, January 31, 2014

Pennies in a Bottle

Hey! Welcome to my blog!! Random fact, it is around 4am and I am wide awake. Why? Well, after a long heartfelt talk with a wise friend, I realize that I have too many pennies in a bottle. For me, this is a way to let it go.

No, this is not a sad story, or a sob blog.

This blog is about hope. It is about change. Yes, change. I have hope to change. You see, I have depression. I have let it run and ruin my life and I am frankly tired of not taking charge.

For those of you who don't know, depression is real. It is not some made up excuse to fail in life - or to get sympathy. It is a real pain, one that brings severe hurt to the individual who has it. I know it. I have experienced moments of darkness in my life where I felt a void in my being and a pain in my heart. I felt utter loneliness, even when I was surrounded by the most loving and caring people in the world. My family and my friends. I love my family, they are so kind and dear to me. My brother and sisters are my closest and most dear of friends. Yet, even so I was depressed. Change was hard for me, confidence in myself was nonexistent, and I became critical of my image based upon others perception of me.

I use past tense, but this very thing was just happening to me. Minutes ago, I was in that pain.

Again, I am not seeking sympathy. Merely, I am laying out the story. Paving the path, you could say, for what I want this blog to be about.

Change! Change and hope. That is the sunshine in my title. The bottle represents how I felt the need to bottle everything up and not talk about my feelings with anyone. I didn't want to be labeled as a complainer after all. Instead, I put on a smiling face to the world and kept myself emotionally held in reserve.

Why prayer? Because that is most fundamental to my very survival.

Now, as I write and post my blogs. I will not be sharing all my experiences with depression. For those who have it, they know how it is and don't need reminders. Rather, I will be using this blog as a way to share the good in life and help bring change. To remind that there is hope, that there is sunshine even in the darkest days.

So, reader, I welcome you and challenge you to be patient and bear with me on this. It will be a journey and one that I am new to.

Let's go on and forward - evermore!

2 comments:

  1. i to suffer with depression...but in the last year i have but to most of the time...i amsorry you are afflicted with it as well. most days are good now...but some days like today are rough going....reading your blog slapped me back in control.....thank you for sharing !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you are doing better and also that my blog was able to help you in some way. Keep up the good fight and stay strong!

      Delete